FG Is doing nothing to rescue abducted girls – Chibok leader
The leader of Chibok Community in Abuja, Tsambido Abana, has expressed doubts about Federal Government’s commitment to rescue the over 200 school girls abducted by the Boko Haram terrorist group.
Abana, stated that the lack of feedback from the government and the continuous attacks on communities around Chibok town, Borno State, indicated that the FG was not doing anything about the security situation in the area.
The community leader said this in a telephone interview in Abuja on Sunday.
He explained that attacks by Boko Haram, were still being carried out against communities around Chibok town.
According to him, there has also not been any information on the efforts to secure release of the school girls to their parents or community.
Abana said, “Government is not doing anything to bring back the girls because we have not heard anything or feedback from them. Even communities around Chibok are being attacked by Boko Haram, there is no security in that place and yet the government claimed to be tackling terrorism.”
Asked if he thinks the foreign security forces were working, Abana said it was possible the teams were getting covert information that would assist them in the operations to rescue the girls, hence the time it was taking for them to launch an operation against the insurgents.
The embassies of the participating countries could not be reached for comment on Sunday.
Inquiries sent to the respective spokespersons of the embassies of United States, France and United Kingdom, were not responded to as of the time of filing this report.
The email read, “Dear sir, we will like to know what is causing the delay in the operation for the rescue of the over 200 school girls abducted by Boko Haram.
“Security forces from your country have been on the ground for about three weeks but we are yet to get any feedback on the operation so far. What is causing the delay in the rescue operation? Thanks.”
Attempts to speak to the Chairman of National Briefing Centre and Director General of National Orientation Agency, Mr. Mike Omeri, proved abortive. He neither picked calls made to his mobile line nor replied a text message sent to phone.
When one of our correspondents contacted the Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen Chris Olukolade on the issue of the delay in the rescue of the girls via text message he did not respond.
The Defence Spokesman had not responded to the text message which was sent by 3.17pm as at the time of filing this report by 6: 35 pm.
Our correspondent also made several calls to his mobile telephone line which did not connect.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article
Wapbaze is an Entertainment website that deals in uploding of music tracks of any kind and letting her users download them in Mp3 formats of high quality. Wapbaze.com is the main website, Wapbaze.com/music/ is the folder for latest songs, wapbaze.com/movies/ is for mp4 movies updates so as wapbaze.com/videos/ is for 3gp music videos updates and wapbaze.com/forum/ is for latest gist, news, health and tech updates.