2014 Waec Scheme for Mathematics Questions And Answers
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2, both of which must be taken.
PAPER 1: will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions, drawn from the common areas of the syllabus, to be answered in 1Â½ hours for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: will consist of thirteen essay questions in two sections â€“ Sections A and B, to be answered in 2Â½ hours for 100 marks. Candidates will be required to answer ten questions in all.
Section A - Will consist of five compulsory questions, elementary in nature carrying a total of 40 marks. The questions will be drawn from the common areas of the syllabus.
Section B - will consist of eight questions of greater length and difficulty. The questions shall include a maximum of two which shall be drawn from parts of the syllabuses which may not be peculiar to candidatesâ€™ home countries. Candidates will be expected to answer five questions for 60marks.
1. If log10X = 0. 7549 and log10Y = 0.3285, find log10XY.
2. Convert 13.025 to base 10.
3. Simplify : 3x+1(2x-1) .
4. A bonus issue of ordinary shares on the basis of three new shares for every five held has been made by a company. What will be the increase in the number of shares of an investor who originally had 75,000 ordinary shares?
5. Find the equation of the line which is perpendicular to y = and which passes through the point (1, 3).
A. y = -3x
B. y = 3x
C. y = -3x + 6
D. y = 3x â€“ 6
6. Which of the following is represented by the shaded region of the Venn
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article